This position reports directly to the Director of Operational Performance Improvement. This position directs the quality management program for FLVC and works with stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure attainment of the organization’s goals.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization with four (4) years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field from an accredited four-year institution preferred.
- Five years software quality assurance experience preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience can substitute for the required degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience in the analysis and diagnosis of software, hardware, and workstation interoperability issues which may be concurrent with other experience preferred.
- One year supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of quality assurance tools and processes.
- Ability to perform systematic testing of hardware and software in a Windows/Unix system environment and effectively communicate test results.
- Ability to analyze and isolate origins of complex problems involving network, desktop, and server operating systems and applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Sun Unix based operating systems
- Knowledge of Intel based personal computer hardware.
- Familiarity with integrated library software systems.
- Knowledge of applications programming processes in a Windows/Internet environment, and security issues within a networked environment.
- Possesses considerable technical aptitude and ability to learn new products and grasp new techniques quickly
- Awareness of industry standards, technological trends, issues and accepted practices in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to maintain a long-term strategic focus while engaged in day-to-day tasks
- Ability to re-conceptualize current services in light of new/emerging technologies and methods.
- Ability to perform a variety of functions at a keyboard.
Plan, develop, and implement quality management strategy, including resources, systems, timescales, and financials to support the organization’s annual business plan and long term strategy.
Supports annual and quarterly planning processes. Generates goals for and reports quality management-related data. Supports project implementation through quality assurance testing and monitoring. Provides training for leaders and staff in quality management resources, methodologies, strategies, techniques, tools, tactics and best practices.
Performs time-sensitive tasks and meets established deadlines; maintains effective communications with appropriate FLVC staff; maintains effective working relationships to ensure the success of the business processes and projects.
Understanding stakeholders needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes. Devising and reviewing specifications for products or processes to ensure best practices and standards.
Review requirements for products, applications and services and monitoring their compliance. Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards. Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis. Develop opportunities for improvement and create new efficient procedures.
Provides leadership and oversight of staff; follows-up with each employee to ensure they have the tools and skills to complete work assignments on time; prepares and carries through to completion the performance evaluation and improvement process; and manages overall performance of assigned staff. Performs work in support of business processes and projects.
Other duties as assigned.
Employment based visa sponsorship will NOT be considered for this position.
Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://jobs.uwf.edu.
Applicants are required to attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references.
An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.