First Baptist Church of Navarre is looking for teachers, assistant teachers, and substitute teachers for their part-time preschool ministry. We're looking for people who want to work with children ages 18 months to 5 years. First Baptist Church of Navarre Preschool is conducted in a safe, supportive, and Christian environment. Our focus is to show love and nurture each child; not to make a profit.
Our program runs from 8:30 to 12:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Teachers and Assistant Teachers will work about 15 hours a week. Substitutes will be called on as-needed. Substitute teachers do not need to have availability on all days that school is in session; we will work around your schedule.
Additional shifts may be available on an irregular basis for those who are interested. Sunday mornings during church services, as well as weekday evenings are sometimes in need of nursery workers. Please make your availability known for these times if you are interested. We currently have five classrooms with two teachers in each room. Classroom size is kept between 7 and 11 students. You'll always have another teacher in the classroom with you for support.
- Born-again, baptized believer with proven Christian character, integrity, honesty, humility, spiritual depth with knowledge, wisdom, a teachable spirit, and teamwork.
- Supportive of the mission and vision of the church and willing to teach in accordance with the church’s statement of faith.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening. CPR training is required, but classes will be offered periodically by the church. if you do not have current CPR/First Aid training, we can get you trained.
Must be willing to complete 40 hours of training as mandated by the State of Florida for Childcare Workers within one year from the date of hire. Completion of this training can qualify workers for a higher salary. If you don't have your 40 hour training, we can help you!
- Become an active member of FBCN or provide proof (though the Employee Church Endorsement form) that you are an active member of another like-minded in belief and practice Christian church.
- Agree and sign the church leader commitment. Please visit our website at www.fbcnavarre.org/employment-opportunities.html to see this agreement.
- At least 18 years of age
- Must adhere to First Baptist Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines and all church policies.