Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the TriCounty area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
Social Work services consist of psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, and case management services for individuals, couples, families, and groups. The Social Worker facilitates timely and appropriate discharge from the hospital, identifies inappropriate or untimely services, identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care, and assists patients/families in obtaining help with regard to disability, illness, or financial hardship. The Social Worker also serves as a resource person to the hospital staff, and is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team providing care within the hospital setting to ensure patient care needs are met in the most appropriate and efficient level of the health care continuum.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Post graduate degree in social work required
- State of Florida SW License or license eligible preferred
- 1-2 years experience required
- Psychosocial assessments and care experience required
- Discharge planning experience preferred
- Support and counseling group experience preferred
- Prior hospice and oncology care preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to communicate therapeutic interactions
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external customers needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D