Unit Secretary Rehab PRN(Job Number: 01307-8495)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Fort Walton Beach-Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Schedule: PRN/Per Diem
Job Type: Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Executive Administrative Assistant to join our Executive Team!
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
- Answers nursing station telephone and relays message to charge nurse and/or other nursing staff.
- Greets and directs visitors at nursing station.
- Answers patient call lights and relays information to nursing staff.
- Prepares chart, MAR and Kardex on each patient admitted.
- Transcribes physician orders under the supervision of a registered nurse in the following manner:
- Reviews all orders and calls to the attention of the team leader all STAT orders and/or illegible writing.
- Pulls copies of orders and gives copies to Pharmacy and nurse.
- Inputs orders accurately into computer system.
- Adds documentation forms to chart as needed.
- Transfers all orders to Kardex.
- Assists physician in obtaining charts and diagnostics results.
- Assembles the medical record for transfer of patient.
- Keep unit clean and straight or neat.
- Call consults.
- Maintains supplies, forms and necessary requisitions for the unit.
- Assists department manager with secretarial duties related to unit.
- Operates all equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and/or hospital policy and procedure.
- Assists with patient/family/significant other's learning needs, abilities and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's plan of care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: High School graduate or GED.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 6 months related experience. Six months prior clerical experience in a hospital or clinical setting preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. Medical terminology.