- Job Type:Part-time
- Experience:Weightlifting, Sports, or Outdoor Labor, 1 year (Preferred)
Contact Dalton via email for any questions about AUOC or the application process.
- Ability to lift and carry watercraft weighing between 40-100 pounds
- Ability to work comfortably outdoors in the summer elements
- Valid Driver’s License
- 18+ years old
- No repetitive history of traffic infractions
- Reliable transportation
- Transporting customers from our property to the designated river trip drop off sites
- Plan and execute the logistics of running operation of daily river trips
- Basic maintenance and landscaping of resort grounds
- Debris and trash removal
- Morning Crew is primarily responsible for preparing daily operations and running river trips
- Afternoon Crew is primarily responsible for afternoon close-down procedures and loading boats back onto trailers
- Providing excellent customer service to our guests
- Opportunity to cross-train within the organization
- Possess knowledge of the river and kayaking/canoeing to teach guests
- Ensure a safe family-friendly environment
Type of Person we are looking for
- Enjoys the outdoors; hard working; respectful; good customer service; outgoing; mature; knowledgeable; willing to take initiative; good at improvising.
- Most of our staff are college students ages 18-25.
- While not necessary, it is beneficial to have experience with weightlifting, sports, or outdoors labor due to the physical nature of the job. However, if you do not have experience, do not let it deter you: you will get in shape during this job!
Hours and Pay
- Hours are based on seniority/performance of staff, but new staff can still expect 20-25 hours.
- Weekends will be heavily staff. Weekday shifts are flexible for availability.
- New staff will begin at minimum wage; this is negotiable if applicant possesses experience and skills; there is also opportunity for raises as new hires become qualified in various positions.
Very active; throughout the day you will unload boats from trailers and at the end of the day you will load them back onto trailers; there are always projects to be done; we work outside in the elements, rain or shine; expect to work most Saturdays.
If you don’t already possess these skills, you soon will.
- Pulling and backing up trailers
- Proper watercraft carrying techniques
- Basic handyman
- Customer Service
- First Aid
- Good at improvising, adapting, and overcoming
- Canoeing/kayaking experience