Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic AlertMay 15, 2018
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Alert
Chipley, FL – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
• State Road (S.R.) 742 (Creighton Road) Construction Improvement Project from east of Davis Highway (S.R. 291) to Scenic Highway (U.S. 90)- Alternating and intermittent lane closures on Creighton Road between Davis Highway and 9th Ave., and on 9th Ave. at the intersection of Creighton Road from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Saturday, April 21 continue as crews perform milling, paving, sidewalk and curb replacement. • U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - Alternating east and westbound lane closures between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19 as crews perform construction activities.
• U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road- Drivers traveling U.S. 29 and Nine Mile Road will encounter traffic pattern changes from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Saturday, April 21 as follows:
o Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 overpass: North and southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Alternating traffic shifts will direct all traffic onto the westbound or eastbound lanes as crews continue construction of the new center bridge deck. Nine Mile Road lane restrictions are Sunday through Friday.
o U.S. 29 between I-10 and 9 1/2 Mile Road: Drivers may experience alternating lane closures as crews continue drainage and paving operations. U.S. 29 lane restrictions are Monday through Saturday. • U.S. 29 Resurfacing between U.S. 90 and Muscogee Road - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 29 north and southbound, from Muscogee Road to West 9 ½ Mile Road, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19 as crews pave the roadway
• I-10 Routine Maintenance Over Perdido River at the Florida/Alabama Line – The east and westbound right (outside) lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday, April 16 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, April 17 as crews replace joints on the bridge.
• I-10 Routine Maintenance Over Escambia Bay- Westbound traffic will encounter lane restrictions across the Escambia Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 17 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, April 18 as crews replace joints on the bridge. • I-10 / U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I- The following traffic impacts are planned on I-10 and U.S. 29 near the interchange (Exits 10) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19:
o Alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound and U.S. 29 north and southbound.
o The U.S. 29 on-ramps to I-10 eastbound will be intermittently closed. Traffic will be detoured on U.S. 29 to access I-10 eastbound.
• U.S. 98 (S.R. 30) Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 98 east and westbound, between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19 as crews perform construction activities. • S.R. 95 Underground Utility Work Between Salter’s Lake Road and S.R. 4 in Century- The northbound, outside lane between Salter’s Lake Road and S.R. 4 will be closed from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Monday, April 23 as crews perform underground utility work.
• Nine Mile Road (S.R. 10/U.S. 90A) Widening from Beulah Road to Pine Forest Road Eight Mile Creek Road near Nine Mile Road will be reduced to one lane from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. the week of Monday, April 16 as crews relocate utilities. Traffic flaggers will be on site to safely direct drivers through the work zone.
• US 29 Pavement Testing from S.R. 4 to the Alabama State Line- There will be intermittent lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, April 16 through Wednesday, April 19 as crews perform pavement testing.
• S.R. 292 (Perdido Key Drive) Turn Lane Construction just east of River Road-The Traffic shift on Perdido Key Drive, just east of River Road, will continue through 8 a.m. Friday, May 4. The temporary shift will allow crews to construct an eastbound, left and westbound, right turn lane. Lane width will be reduced to 11-feet and the speed limit will be lowered to 35 miles per hour within the construction zone.
Santa Rosa County:
• U.S. 98 Turn Lane Closure at Panhandle Trail in Navarre- The east and westbound turn lanes from U.S. 98 to Panhandle Trail will be closed through 8 p.m. Thursday April 26 as crews work on the Panhandle master lift station.
• U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 98 east and westbound, between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Monday, April 19 as crews perform construction activities.
• U.S. 90 Routine Maintenance Operations from Woodbine Road to Avalon Boulevard and U.S. 98 at Pullman Street- Motorists can expect intermittent turn lane closures from 8 p.m. to 5a.m. through Saturday, April 21 at the following locations.
o U.S. 90 from Woodbine Road to Avalon Boulevard
o U.S 98 westbound at Pullman Street.
• I-10 Widening from Escambia Bay Bridge to Avalon Boulevard (S.R. 281/Exit 22) - Alternating lane closures on I-10, from the Escambia Bay Bridge to east of S.R. 281, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Friday, April 20 as crews work to widen the roadway.
o Additional impacts to traffic include: Alternating lane closures on Avalon Boulevard, near the I
-10 interchange, as crews continue reconstructing the roadway.
o Traffic shift Sunday evening, April 15 on the Avalon Boulevard on-ramp to I-10 eastbound. The shift will be in place for the remainder of the spring so that crews may widen the on-ramp.
• U.S. 98 Paving Operation across from Joybrook Road in Navarre- Drivers will encounter east and westbound lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, April 16 through Thursday, April 19 as crews mill and pave turn and travel lanes for a new Walmart Neighborhood Market in Navarre.
• S.R. 87 (Stewart Street) in Milton between Rosasco Street and Magnolia Street- The southbound lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday, April 30 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, May 1 as crews perform utility work.
• U.S. 90 Safety Project at West Florida Baptist Academy- Activities are scheduled to begin in April to construct an eastbound, left turn lane in front of West Florida Baptist Academy in Milton. Drives can expect intermittent lane restrictions, however, there will be no lane closures between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• S.R. 87 Multilane from Eglin AFB boundary to Hickory Hammock Road – Traffic between County Road 184 (Hickory Hammock Road) and the Eglin AFB boundary is restricted to loads less than 11-feet wide. The restriction will be in place until the project is complete.
All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.
For Immediate Release
April 13, 2018
Tanya Branton, (850) 330-1599 firstname.lastname@example.orgContact:Daniel Deanda(850) 332-7976