Join Us at Chamber Events
Why Join the Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce?
- Valuable, FREE online exposure on the Navarre Chamber’s website: Your business/organization information will be included on the Chamber's website, and you can log-in and make changes to your listing, pay your invoices, post events, job openings and register for events all online.
- FREE listing in our award winning Navarre Community Guide and Membership Directory: Your name and business/organization information will be listed twice in the Guide - alphabetically and by category - that is distributed year-round to every Chamber Member, new residents, visitors, area airports, offices, etc.
- Social Media outlets: The Navarre Chamber is very active on social media sites - sharing your news, events and specials. We also post spotlights and out and about blogs too.
- Lobby Display: Your business cards and brochures may be displayed at the Navarre Chamber/Visitor Information Center.
- Chamber E-News: A weekly electronic newsletter alerts you of current news and upcoming chamber events.
- Inquiries & Referrals: - Thousands of inquiries are responded to and referrals are made directly to Navarre Chamber members only.
- Networking & Educational Opportunities: The Navarre Chamber holds monthly events that provide many educational and business-to-business networking opportunities.
- Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities: Navarre Chamber Members have opportunities to sponsor networking events and workshops to have their business/organization spotlighted.
- Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings: The Navarre Chamber can host a ribbon cutting event at your location or at our office for a Grand Opening, new business, new location or a special celebration.
- Committee Involvement: Navarre Chamber members are encouraged to join a committee to help enhance and bring new ideas to your community with one or more of the many Navarre Chamber Committees.
- Navarre Chamber Membership Certificate & Decals: Gives your business/organization credibility and demonstrates your commitment to the Navarre community.
- Community Events: The Navarre Chamber organizes many community events during the year that offer volunteer and sponsorship opportunities for our members: FUN FEST, GOLF TOURNAMENT, HEALTH & BUSINESS EXPO, THURSDAYS IN THE PARK, TASTE OF NAVARRE, and CHRISTMAS IN THE PARK.
We want to know you and your business/organization!
The Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce offers your company/organization an opportunity to gain visibility, connect with others, save money, influence the community and gain knowledge.
CONNECT 1730, our business after hours networking event, is the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm.
Commerce & Coffee, our monthly membership breakfast, is the last Friday of the month at 7 am.
Ribbons Cuttings, Open Houses, Networking Events, Workshops and Committee Meetings are scheduled throughout the month.
Other opportunities for involvement include Fun Fest, Christmas in Navarre, Golf Tournament, Health & Business Expo, Thursdays in the Park, and Taste of Navarre.
Whether you are interested in sponsorship, serving on a committee or participating - we hope to see you there.
What is a Navarre Chamber Ribbon Cutting?
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial event at a New Navarre Chamber Member's business or at the Navarre Chamber office. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ opening.
Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’ history, this is also a great photo opportunity. The ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends and family, and/or their business partners. They also take the opportunity to talk about what their business/organization does.
You must be a new or current Chamber member in good standing (including dues paid) for the Navarre Chamber to participate in your ribbon cutting.
Who qualifies for a ribbon cutting?
The Navarre Chamber is available to assist with your Ribbon Cutting ceremony if your business/organization has:
•Opened its doors
•Moved to a new location due to expansion
•Has been remodeled or has expanded its current location
•Is celebrating a milestone anniversary
What are the benefits of holding a Chamber ribbon cutting?
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can:
•Introduce both the public and Navarre Chamber members to your business
•Announce your ribbon cutting on the Navarre Chamber’s Community Calendar
•E-Blast a Ribbon Cutting Reminder to the Navarre Chamber's database of members, the media and people that have requested to received our E-Blasts (2,000+ email addresses, via Facebook and via Twitter)
•Familiarize the public and Navarre Chamber members with your product/services
•Familiarize the public and Navarre Chamber members with your physical location
•Begin a customer base
•Generate leads and sales from attendees
•Forward a photo of your ribbon cutting to the Navarre Press with a distribution of about 5,000+ weekly!
Is there a cost to have the Chamber participate?
There is no fee for the Navarre Chamber to participate
Is the ribbon cutting my business’ event or a Navarre Chamber event?
This is your event. The Navarre Chamber will gladly assist you with the following:
•Notify the Navarre Chamber’s Board of Directors and Ambassadors Committee members of your ribbon cutting, encouraging their attendance
•List your ribbon cutting on the Navarre Chamber’s Community Calendar and ribbon cutting page of our website
•Have a member of the Navarre Chamber’s Team provide congratulatory remarks
•Provide a list of Navarre Chamber member caterers
•Bring the “giant scissors” and ribbon
•Take pictures at the event and publish the photos on the Navarre Chamber's social media outlets.
•Provide you with copies of the photos for your use
While the Navarre Chamber will extend the above mentioned invitations and list your ribbon cutting on our Community Calendar, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. You should also consider inviting your business partners, financiers, contractors, employees, customers, friends, and family to be with you to celebrate this momentous occasion in your business’s history. Please understand that you should not rely solely on the Chamber to attract your audience.
What do we do?
Because your ribbon cutting is your event, there are no set rules. To make your event successful, carefully consider the following:
•Schedule your event at least two weeks in advance. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are usually best days during the week for business people, not earlier than 8:00 a.m. and avoiding later evening functions unless this is the type business you have. We’re sorry; the Navarre Chamber cannot assist with ribbon cuttings on weekends and holidays.
•Determine who will cut the ribbon. The owners or top executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
•Who will be in the photo(s). Some businesses will take multiple photos with various groups of people before actually cutting the ribbon. Photos might include employees, family, Chamber members, business partners, and Ambassadors for example.
•Your remarks or speech. This is usually done when everyone is gathered before cutting the ribbon.
•Invite everyone you know! Invite your family, friends, past, current and potential customers, business associates (including your accountant, banker, and property owner,) suppliers, your employees, the media, neighboring businesses, and government officials.
•Consider having giveaways, especially logo items that guests can take back to their offices. The Navarre Chamber is happy to provide you with members who can help you create gifts.
•Food and beverage is not required, but for open house events, it makes a nice touch. The Navarre Chamber is happy to provide you with members who can help you with catering
•Prepare a quick speech and be sure to have plenty of brochures available.
Other details to enhance your event
Refreshments, drinks, door prizes, and decorations are optional and up to you. Many businesses add these extra touches when conducting a public grand opening in conjunction with the ribbon cutting.
A special invitation. The Navarre Chamber can provide you a member mailing list if you would like to mail an optional special invitation to the entire membership. This is especially encouraged if you are conducting a grand opening with prizes, business specials, and refreshments.
Organize a separate PR campaign. If you would like to invite the general public, you should explore other advertising avenues and/or consider sending a press release to the local media. You can do this yourself or hire a marketing company to help you with this. The Navarre Chamber can provide you with a list of the local media contacts and a membership directory to locate a marketing firm.
What have other businesses done to make their ribbon cutting and/or grand opening unique?
•Sent a special invitation to the whole Chamber membership
•Sent a special direct mail piece/invitation to area residents and/or non-member businesses
•Conducted a separate PR campaign to try to grab media attention
•Invited lots of clients, employees, and/or board directors from their organization Invited corporate staff from out-of-town corporate headquarters
•Offered complimentary appetizers and beverages from fancy to simple, from a few selections to a large buffet and/or chocolate fountains, champagne fountains, and sweets
•Invited sports or business mascots and superheroes in costumes
There are lots of great websites that provide tips on planning and executing a great event. Google “ribbon cutting ceremonies” for the top sites.
Note: The Navarre Chamber cannot guarantee the number of guests in attendance. Pre-registration with the Navarre Chamber for Ribbon Cuttings is required with two weeks advance notice. Events are scheduled based upon availability.
Contact Chanda Ryan at 850.939.3267 for more information.
BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP RATES
Dues are based on the number of employees.
Each primary contact and PAID associate member may vote in the annual elections, sign candidate petitions, and is eligible to attend meetings, mixers and seminars.
Associate memberships are available for employees interested in accessing full member benefits.
Two part time employees = 1 full time employee
- Over 200...$1,000
CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS, CHURCH, NOT-PROFIT......$125*
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP RATES
* provide copy of 501c3 status and receive $25 discount.