REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2021
Our friends at the Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce are offering a FREE course in Mental Health First Aid Training (adult version), and WE ARE INVITED TO ATTEND!
This virtual offering will take place on Saturday, September 18th, from 9 am to 3 pm. To learn more about Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), please read below:
- The Mental Health First Aid course (this course focuses on Adults) teaches participants to recognize signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- The course teaches participants how to listen non-judgementally and to give reassurance to someone experiencing a mental health challenge.
- The course will teach how to refer to other resources.
- The course is an early intervention like a first aid course - first is to apply the skills we learn in class, and then find the appropriate help.
- Participants must be able to complete 2 hours of pre-work the week prior to September 18th (this can be done on your own time), in addition to our live Zoom class on the 18th, to be certified.
- Please be sure you check your Spam and Junk folders, as the emails will come from the National Council and they sometimes get lost in spam or junk.
- Please register ASAP for the course.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This is an amazing opportunity to learn some new skills that you could apply in your business or workplace.
It looks great on a resume too.
If you are not interested at this time that is fine.
Feel free to share with anyone you know who might be interested.
Hope you will join us!