The mission of the Navarre Chamber Non-Profit Committee is to provide non-profit organizations with a venue to come together to succeed by:
- Networking and forming purposeful connections and collaborations with for-profit chamber members
- Exchanging ideas and best practices
- Providing visibility for the issues and causes impacting the non-profit community
- Establishing opportunities for unique and dedicated programming and training for fundraising and professional development so non-profit organizations meet their organizational goals and deliver on their mission.
The committee is currently meeting the 4th Wednesday of each month at 9 am at The Navarre Chamber Information Center.
- Educate member nonprofits on how to maximize their Chamber membership benefits.
- Partner with the United Way of West Florida to enhance their volunteer database and make sure all non-profits located and/or providing services in South Santa Rosa County have their info included and utilize the database for their volunteer needs and opportunities.
- Look at doing a Needs Assessment Survey
- Create an Annual Community Action Survey of Chamber Members in which we request feedback on motivations for community partnering.
- Create a Volunteer Information Form on the Chamber's Website to help educate newcomers and get them plugged in to organizations that feed their interest
- Continue educating the community about the Chamber's online Comprehensive Community Calendar to facilitate collaboration between non-profit organizations and businesses - thereby building a stronger community.
- Work with other county-wide organizations that assist non-profits to communicate programming opportunities and joint initiatives.
- Enhance corporate social responsibility among Chamber members
- Increase exposure of the Committee and its members in fulfilling their own missions by building community awareness and sharing resources
- Partner with the Gulf Breeze Chamber to advance the vision of ensuring South Santa Rosa County has sufficient resources to fulfill the needs of our communities. Facilitate purposeful connections and collaborations between the non-profits and the for-profit sector. Meetings will be held quarterly.
- Participation in the Non-Profit Committee is open to all Navarre Chamber members who are engaged in the non-profit sector themselves, or are for-profit organizations and individuals who are interested, and/or continually engaged with the non-profit world.
- All Non-Profit Organizations located in and/or providing services to the South Santa Rosa County area are invited to attend the Committee Meetings.
The Non-Profit is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are appointed by the Chairman for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the Non-Profit Committee, ensuring its goals and activities are aligned with the committee’s mission and objectives.
If we all succeed, South Santa Rosa County will succeed, and we have the potential to better our communities together every day.