Veterans Day events in Santa Rosa County
Three Veterans Day events will take place in Santa Rosa County on Thurs., Nov. 11. Activities are as follows:
Veterans Memorial Plaza, Milton
9 a.m. - Parade begins at Milton High School and ends at the Veterans Memorial Plaza, 5191 Willing Street in Milton.
11 a.m. - Veterans Day Ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Plaza in Milton
- Welcome from Santa Rosa County Commission Vice Chairman Bob Cole, District 2
- Presentation of colors by Milton High School NJROTC
- Invocation by NAS Whiting Field Chaplain
- National anthem by Milton High School Choir
- Post of colors by Milton High School NJROTC
- America the Beautiful by Milton High School Choir
- Proclamations by City of Milton Mayor Heather Lindsay or City Manager Randy Jorgenson and Santa Rosa County Commissioner Bob Cole, District 2
- Keynote Speakers - CO Captain Paul Flores, NAS Whiting Field and Dustin Tuller, Staff Sergeant, US Army, retired
- Laying of the wreaths - veterans organizations
- Taps - Milton High School Band
- Benediction - Pastor Jim Liberacki, East Side Baptist Church
Immediately following ceremony - 4H Cookout (donations accepted)
In the event of inclement weather, the parade and ceremony will be cancelled.
Navarre Park, Navarre
11:00 a.m. - Ceremony at Navarre Park - presented by local veteran's organizations including Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 11367 and American Legion Post 382. Santa Rosa County District 4 Commissioner Dave Piech will present the Veterans Day proclamation.
VFW Post 4407, Gulf Breeze/Midway
11:00 a.m. - Ceremony at VFW Post 4407, 1783 Abercrombie Road in Gulf Breeze - presented by local veteran's organization Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4407. Santa Rosa County District 5 Commissioner Colten Wright will present the Veterans Day proclamation.
The following Santa Rosa County offices will be closed Thurs., Nov. 11 in honor of Veterans Day.
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners including the library system and animal shelter.
- The Central Landfill will be open Thurs., Nov. 11 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 dispatch, Lifeguard Ambulance Service and fire departments are open daily
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector
# # #