SRC Emergency Management COVID-19 pandemic update 5 - Mar. 18
A public input form is available for input/comment on individual agenda items or to bring forward issues to be heard at public forum. The single meeting format (all business completed at regular meetings on Thursdays) will be continued through April. No decision has been made on the April Special Rezoning meeting.
· Veterans Services is no longer seeing walk-in clients. Clients may drop off paperwork and request a call or appointment as necessary.
· The following meetings have been cancelled:
· All publicly-permitted events in the next eight weeks have been cancelled.
· Emergency dispatchers continue to screen callers for travel history and symptoms.
· The county remains in Phase 1, or the "None to Minimal" (monitoring and preparedness) phase of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's Mitigation Strategy for Florida. The Emergency Operations Center is operating at a Level 2 (partial) activation with ESFs 8 (health/medical) and 14 (public information).
· UF/IFAS Santa Rosa Extension programs, events, and meetings scheduled through April 30 have been postponed/canceled. Any events, meetings or programs offered online or via video conference, Facebook etc. are still being held. Extension agents are available for consultation at the office, by email, or by calling 850-623-3868 (Milton)/850-675-3107 (Jay), Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
· Libraries are open, however all programs and meeting room reservations are cancelled and all Friends of the Library bookstores are closed until further notice.
· AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, the volunteer-based tax preparation and assistance service, has suspended tax preparation services at the libraries.
· Note: the fishing pier and all parts of Navarre Park and Navarre Beach including restrooms remain open.
- Land Development Code public forum on Thurs., Mar. 19
- BOCC Committee Meeting on Mon., Mar. 23 at 9 a.m.
- BOCC Special Rezoning Meeting on Thurs., Mar. 26 at 6 p.m.
- Tourism Development Council on Thurs., Apr. 2
Florida Department of Health
- As of noon today (Wed., Mar. 18), Santa Rosa County has had one case and no community spread.
- To keep Florida residents and visitors safe, informed and aware about the status of the virus, visit the DOH COVID-19 dashboard.
- For the most up-to-date information, monitor the Florida DOH's COVID-19 webpage, call COVID-19 24/7 Call Center, (866) 779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com.
Community Event Cancellations/Postponements
- Pace Area Recreation Association (PARA) has canceled practices through Mar. 20.
- Navarre Youth Sports Association has suspended programs through April 15.
- The West Florida Soccer Club has cancelled practices and games until Mar. 30.
- Tiger Point Sports Association has cancelled practices and games until Mar. 27.
- SpringJam 2020 – rescheduled for October 11, 2020
- Gulf Breeze Celebrates the Arts Festival, Mar. 28-29 – cancelled
- Autism OdySsea, April 17 – postponed, TBD
- Festival of Flowers, April 3-5 – cancelled
- Bands on the Blackwater, March through May– postponed, TBD
- Native Ways Festival, April 18-19 – postponed
- Spring break camps at the Marine Science Station – cancelled
- Siege of Pensacola at Bagdad Mill Suite Park, April 3-4 – cancelled
- Seas the Day, April 4 – postponed, TBD
- Ye Olde Brothers Brewery Second Annual Craft Beerfest - cancelled
- Life Line Screening, 3/20/2020 - Tiger Point Community Center - cancelled
- Life Line Screening, 3/24/2020 - Pace Community Center - cancelled
- Tiger Point Food Truck Night, 3/28/2020 - Tiger Point Park - cancelled
- Elite Championship Wrestling (Spring), 3/28/2020 - Tiger Point Community Center - cancelled
- Elegant Spring Tea, 3/29/2020 - Pace Community Center - cancelled
- 1781 Siege of Pensacola, 4/2/2020 - Bagdad Mill Site - cancelled
- 14th Annual Michele Hill Raider Run, 4/4/2020 - cancelled
- 8th Annual Autism OdysSea, 4/18/2020 - Navarre Beach Marine Park - cancelled
- Hope of the World 5K, 4/18/2020 - cancelled
- Northwest Florida Construction Career Days, 4/27/2020 - East Milton Park Grounds - cancelled
- Coastline Christian Academy 5K, 5/2/2020 - cancelled
- Navarre Sunset Stampede, 5/2/2020 - cancelled
- Navarre Military Appreciation Picnic, 5/9/2020 - Navarre Park - cancelled
- All homestead applications and tangible personal property returns should be filed online at www.srcpa.org. Users will need the supplied credentials which were mailed to them in January.
- Instructional videos are available on the web site to assist users with completing tangible personal property returns.
- All eligible property and business owners are encouraged to file returns and/or homestead applications as soon as possible.
- Please limit visits to offices and when possible, conduct business by phone. Visit www.srcpa.org for any changes in services or call 850-983-1880.
- The sheriff’s office has suspended fingerprinting services until further notice.
The 2020 Public Safety Coordinating Council Meeting scheduled for April 15 has been cancelled.
- Jail intake procedures have been enhanced in order to provide a more intensive screening for new inmates.
- The department has implemented ongoing enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of the detention department.
- Deputies have been provided with PPE equipment as needed.
- All volunteers have been restricted from entering the jail.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the sheriff’s office.
- The tax collector’s office is transitioning to online transactions only (or Milton drive thru) for tag renewals (stickers), property tax payments, business tax receipts, parking permit applications/renewals, hunting and fishing licenses, and lost /stolen license plates.
- Jay office will be closed until further notice beginning Mar. 19.
- Only Santa Rosa County residents will be served beginning Mar. 19.
- No driving tests or concealed weapons services until further notice.
- The tax collector has cancelled all appointments including CDLs (hazmat licenses), concealed weapons applications/renewals, driving tests, etc. until further notice.
- Many transactions can be completed online at www.santarosatax.com. Citizens are urged to take advantage of this convenient option.
Clerk of Courts
- Civil traffic infraction hearings scheduled for this Thursday, March 19th, in Santa Rosa County have been continued to Friday, April 24th, at 1:30 p.m.
- The Florida Supreme Court has temporarily suspended jury selection proceedings from Mar. 16 - 27. Jurors who are serving on trials that have already commenced should contact the office of the presiding trial judge for instructions.
First Judicial Court
- By order of the Supreme Court of Florida, the First Judicial Circuit will be moving to mission-critical functions only.
- Civil traffic infraction hearings scheduled for Thurs., Mar. 19 have been continued to Fri., Apr. 24 at 1:30 p.m.
- All jury trials are officially suspended through Mar. 27 by the Florida Supreme Court.
- Access to the courthouse and proceedings are limited effective immediately. Only those persons with business before the court, or with agencies within those facilities (Clerk of Court, State Attorney, or Public Defender) may enter the facilities. Only necessary participants are allowed into any hearing (witnesses, attorneys, and parties, essential court staff).
- Proceedings for which more than 50 people are scheduled to be heard will be held at staggered intervals. Persons with no official business who are not necessary participants are not allowed in the facility. As possible, the Circuit will hold proceedings by video and telephonic appearances.
- Persons entering court facilities will be allowed one small (no larger than two ounces) bottle of hand sanitizer. As available, each facility will provide sanitizer for public use. Individuals with known symptoms or exposures should make the judges aware prior to any appearance. Any attorney, litigant, or any member of the public having a specific need to be excused or any other request should make the judge aware of the circumstances.
- For more frequent updates, see:https://www.santarosa.k12.fl.us.
- Feeding sites will be set up throughout the county for any child up to 18, regardless of free/reduced lunch status.
- Students must be present to receive a meal.
- Parents/guardians can’t request additional meals for children at home.
- Curbside service will begin 3/23 to 3/27 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Milton High - Bus ramp on Raymond Hobbs Lane
- Pea Ridge Elementary - Parent pick up line
- East Milton Elementary - Bus ramp in front of school
- Jay Elementary - Bus loop on Alabama Street
- Berryhill Elementary - Bus ramp
- Holly Navarre Primary - Bus ramp
- TR Jackson - Parent pick up area
- By order of Governor DeSantis, Santa Rosa Schools will stay closed through March 27. All extracurricular activities including athletics (practice or play) are cancelled through Mar. 28.
- Twelve-month employees should remain in contact with the school or department during spring break to receive updates.
- Teachers should plan on reporting to work on March 30.
City of Gulf Breeze
- The annual Quarterback Carnival and the Gulf Breeze Arts Festival are cancelled.
- The Gumbo Fest is rescheduled to Sat., May 2.
- Spring Fest is still tentatively scheduled for April 18.
- Subscribe to the city’s e-news at: https://tinyurl.com/rokhtpg.
City of Milton
- City of Milton supports the provisions of the governor's Executive Order 20-68 and encourages compliance.
- The City of Milton is cancelling all publicly-permitted events scheduled in the next eight weeks.
- The City of Milton is currently operating at Pandemic Plan Level 3 (monitoring, preparedness and prevention) and will move to the next level as warranted.
- The city is encouraging electronic transactions, limiting social interactions, disinfecting public surfaces regularly and ensuring accuracy of all disseminated information.
- Milton Community Center and Milton Event Center are closed until further notice.
- All city parks are open.
- The city has cancelled all permitted events exceeding more than 50 people for the next eight weeks and discouraging gatherings of more than ten.
- The committee of the whole is cancelled for March and a determination will be made on the executive committee meeting in April.
- Advisory bodies will only meet if necessary.
- All seniors who received meals from the Milton Community Center can receive plated to-go meals from Council on Aging of Northwest Florida offices at 6860 Pooley St., Bagdad. Call (850) 432-1475 by noon the previous day to receive a meal.
Baptist Health Care
- Baptist Health Care asks that family members and friends not visit loved ones in the hospital or outpatient care areas, but communicate with them by mobile device, phone, FaceTime or Skype. Exceptions will be made for patients whose loved one is crucial to the delivery of their treatment and care. This caregiver must be well and not exhibiting any signs of illness. Visit the BHC website for details.
- All onsite and offsite education and outreach events scheduled through April have been postponed including Golden Care seminars, Faith Health Network Academy classes and Wellness Wednesday classes.
Escambia River Electric Cooperative
- Jay Office: The drive-through is open to the public.
- Walnut Hill Office: The post office mail receptacle area is mail or packages. Postage purchasing and large package drop-off will need to be handled at a full-scale post office facility.
- Members are encouraged to utilize remote options for electric service. Payments may be made by mail, at www.erec.com, by phone autopay or depository.
- Services such as opening or closing an electric, water or internet account; making changes to your services; inquiring about your account balance, service orders, etc. can all be handled by email or phone.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 675-4521 / 1-800-235-3848 for assistance.
Pensacola State College
- Pensacola State College classes are suspended through Mar. 29. Should the situation change during the spring break (Mar. 16-22) by order of the Governor or a decision by the PSC Board of Trustees, PSC will alert faculty, staff, and students through the PSC Alert system, email, text messages, social media and local media.
- The NJCAA, PSC's national athletic association, has suspended all athletic competition until April 4.
- All college events have been postponed through the end of April.
Florida Forest Service
- All campgrounds on Blackwater River State Forest will be closed for 30 days effective March 20 as well as Clear Creek Off-Highway Vehicle Riding Area and Krul Lake Recreation Area.
- The forest remains open to hunting and fishing under the rules and guidelines of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Where it is possible to adhere to the latest health guidance, park beaches, islands, hiking trails, fishing piers, and campgrounds remain open at this time.
- All ranger led programs have been cancelled.
- Special use permits for activities with 10 or more people have been cancelled.
- The Naval Live Oaks Exhibit Area at park headquarters is closed.
- The restrooms in Clusters A & E at Opal Beach are closed.
Small Business Development Center
- The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program has been launched to support small businesses. The program will provide short-term, interest-free loans to businesses that experienced economic injury from COVID-19. The application period runs through May 8, 2020. More information is at FloridaDisasterLoan.org.
- The governor has requested the federal Small Business Administration (SBA) make the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program available for Florida’s small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) stands ready to assist businesses in accessing this funding when available.
- The Business Damage Assessment survey has been activated to assess the impact of COVID-19 on local business operations. The survey will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts on the local economy so actions to implement relief programs can begin. It is available at https://floridadisaster.biz.
Emerald Coast Regional Council
- The Emerald Coast Regional Council has postponed all upcoming transportation public meetings including meetings of the Florida-Alabama Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) and their committees.
- Meetings will be rescheduled after May 1. Details will be sent out for public notice. For more information, contact PublicInvolvement@ecrc.org or 850-332-7976.