Drive growth and generate sales this JuneJune 01, 2022
Resources & Tips
Though Small Business Month may have come to an end, there are many free and low-cost resources available year-round to help your business thrive. Keep up the momentum and take advantage of these tools to achieve your goals and better your business.
Facebook analytics is a powerful resource that can guide your digital marketing tactics and turn them into actionable strategies. Understand your audience, size up the competition, and tune into metrics to see how your business is performing online using Facebook’s insights. Here’s how to navigate the data provided on the social platform.
With summer knocking at the door, the time to hire seasonal and part-time employees has arrived. Having a mixture of part-time and full-time employees can sometimes be a scheduling nightmare, but there are ways to quell that frenzy. Check out these tips to simplify scheduling for part-time employees.
“The ability to help those who trust you as a leader to reach their full potential as a professional is a transcending leadership trait.”
— Brian Hill, co-founder and chief revenue officer of business IT solutions provider Imperium Data, on the fundamentals that helped build a strong company culture, fostering the community and entrepreneurial spirit that led to success.
Mimi Goodwin turned creating her own clothes into a million-dollar sewing business with help from her successful YouTube channel, Mimi G Style. Find out how she grew her subscribers into the hundreds of thousands, and hear her tips on how to turn a YouTube audience into a customer base.
BUSINESS BY THE NUMBERS
The year “hashtag” was added to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Hashtags are a valuable way to promote your business and grow your online community. Take advantage of this marketing tool using these hashtag tips.
That's the percentage of weekly Pinners that use Pinterest as inspiration in their path to purchase. Try these suggestions to promote your business on Pinterest effectively.
That's the minimum amount in fees you should expect to pay when filing DBA (or "doing business as") paperwork. Give your business its own identity using this guide featuring everything you need to know about registering a DBA.
Small Businesses Can Do Big Things Through Online Networking
Most small businesses don’t have the same access to global networks as their larger, multinational counterparts — but don’t let that perceived barrier to access limit your business’ growth. Find out how smaller companies can tap into global online networking to find new clients, raise money and get reliable solutions for all kinds of business priorities.
DREAM BIG AWARDS
Veteran-owned businesses, this one's for you!
APPLY FOR A DREAM BIG AWARD, ON THE DOUBLE!
If you know of a small business that is at least 51% owned by a U.S. veteran, encourage them to apply for our Veteran-Owned Business Small Business Achievement Award. This award seeks to celebrate veteran-owned small businesses that have attained outstanding business achievements and contributions to our country.
Apply today for up to two Business Achievement Awards in eight different categories. Every business entering will be considered for the 2022 Small Business of the Year Award, with a $25,000 cash prize! Learn more and apply here. Applications close July 8.
GRANTS & AWARDS
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and FedEx have teamed up to create the Small Business Readiness for Resiliency (R4R) Program. The program helps small businesses put plans in place to prepare for disaster and also provides immediate emergency funding when necessary. There will be more than 100 grants of $5,000 each available to be distributed between May and June.
- IFundWomen’s annual fund was started to honor women and their small businesses through monetary support and business guidance. This year, the organization’s Entrepreneur of the Year will receive a $100,000 equity investment, plus access to educational resources and other cash grants. The program criteria and eligibility requirements are outlined on the IFundWomen website. Applicants are due June 8!
- This year’s eBay Up & Running grant is open for applications until June 10. In partnership with Hello Alice, eBay is relaunching this grant program to support small business ventures by providing more than $500,000 in grants and education resources. Specific eligibility criteria in regards to being an eBay seller can be found on the grant website.
- The Comcast Rise grant provides marketing, media, technology, and creative services to small businesses majority owned by women and people of color. Eligibility requirements are outlined on their website, and applications are due by June 17.
- Famous Amos has partnered with the National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) to create the Famous Amos Ingredients for Success Entrepreneurs Initiative. Three winners will be chosen from a pitch contest in which applicants must submit a videotaped elevator pitch. The recipients will each receive $50,000. Applicants have until June 26 to submit their entries.
- The National Asian/Pacific Islander American Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship (National ACE) has launched the 2022 AAPISTRONG Restaurant Fund to help support AANHPI restaurant owners in light of the unprecedented challenges this community has faced throughout the pandemic. Over 70 restaurants will be awarded a $25,000 grant, and three finalists will receive $100,000, $75,000, and $50,000. Applications close June 22.
- More grant & program information can be found here.