Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - December 11, 2020
|Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
|KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities. In observance of the upcoming holiday season, there will be no lane closures on state roads from 7 a.m. Thursday, December 24 to 12:01 AM Monday, January 4, 2021. These lane closure restrictions include both construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – The intersection of North 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway will remain closed until spring 2021 as construction continues for the new 17th Avenue interchange. The Visitor's Center remains accessible from 17th Avenue. In addition, the ramp from 17th Avenue to East Gregory Street remains open. Eastbound drivers on Bayfront Parkway should use North 14th Avenue and Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) as a detour route.
- U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90)- Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures and shifts on U.S. 29, between I-10 and Nine and Half Mile Road, and Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 Overpass from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the week of Sunday, Dec. 13
Santa Rosa County:
- U.S. 90 (Nine Mile Road) Widening from Beulah Road to State Road (S.R.) 297 (Pine Forest Road)- Drivers may encounter minor delays between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16 through Friday, Dec. 18 as construction equipment is moved across Beulah Road, on the north side of Nine Mile Road. Additionally, drivers may encounter uneven pavement in this area.
- East Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) Safety Project from North Palafox Street to Chemstrand Road – Beginning the week of Monday, Dec. 14 motorists will encounter daytime intermittent right turn closures.
- I-10 Utility Operations at U.S. 29 – Motorists will encounter slow-moving traffic intermittently between 6:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12 and Sunday, Dec. 11 as crews replace overhead utility lines.
All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.
Tanya Sanders Branton
Florida Department of Transportation
Public Information Specialist
(888) 638-0250 ext. 1599
- Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – For the latest information visit FDOT.gov/PensacolaBay.
- S.R. 87 Resurfacing from Clear Creek to S.R. 4- Drivers can expect intermittent daytime lane closures along the 14-mile corridor through fall 2020 as crews perform paving operations.
- I-10 Emergency Improvements at Avalon Boulevard (S.R. 281/ Exit 22)- Friday, Dec. 11, motorists will encounter nighttime shoulder closures and traffic shifts on the eastbound I-10 exit ramp as crews construct improvements to accommodate additional traffic due to the closure of Pensacola Bay Bridge. Alternating and intermittent lane restrictions will take place on Avalon Boulevard at the I-10 intersection from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. as crews perform widening and turn lane extensions.