Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - January 7, 2022
|Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
|KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9 through Saturday, Jan. 15. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Drivers will encounter inside lane closures between A and N streets as crews perform median improvements and install poles for pedestrian traffic signals.
- U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) – Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures and shifts from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9 through Wednesday, Jan. 12 between I-10 and Nine and Half Mile Road, and on Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 interchange to allow crews to place the thermoplastic striping and to perform worklist items.
Santa Rosa County
- Sorrento Road (State Road (S.R.) 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road 292A) – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures Monday, Jan. 10 through Friday, Jan. 14, as crews place a watermain.
- Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) Widening from Beulah Road to Pine Forest Road (S.R. 297) –Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures Monday, Jan. 10 through Friday, Jan. 14 as crews place final striping and complete final work items.
- North Ninth Avenue (S.R. 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement- All travel lanes are temporarily shifted to the northbound side of the bridge as crews replace the southbound portion of the structure. Additionally, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday as crews mobilize materials and equipment.
- S.R. 173 (Blue Angel Parkway) Routine Maintenance near Sorrento Road - Motorists will encounter north and southbound lane closures from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9 through Friday, Jan. 14 as crews perform paving operations.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9 through Saturday, Jan. 15. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – The eastbound lane will remain reduced to one lane at the County Road 191 Overpass Bridge (Exit 26) until work associated with bridge approach construction is complete. Motorists can also expect intermittent lane closures from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. the week of Monday, Jan. 10 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Major roadway construction activities are currently underway. Improvements include widening the roadway from four to a six-lanes with a raised median, safety, and drainage upgrades, resurfacing Avalon Boulevard from U.S. 98 to Garcon Point Bridge, extending the existing shared-use path on the south side of U.S. 98 from Gondolier Boulevard, and new signage and pavement markings.
- U.S. 90 Routine Utility Maintenance at Woodbine Road Intersection – Westbound Motorists will encounter turn lane closures at Woodbine Road from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Jan.10 through Friday, Jan 14 as crews replace utility poles and overhead lines. The merge lane on Woodbine Road at U.S. 90 westbound to Pensacola will also be closed intermittently during nighttime hours as crews perform utility maintenance operations.