FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - 02/25/2022February 25, 2022
Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
For Immediate Release Contact: Tanya Branton February 25, 2022 email@example.com (888) 638-0250, ext. 1599
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 27 through Saturday, March 6. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Drivers will encounter the following temporary intermittent lane closures:
- Inside lane closures between Q and A streets as crews perform median improvements and install poles for pedestrian traffic signals.
- Outside intermittent lane closures will occur at various locations along West Cervantes, between Dominguez and A Streets, to allow crews to construct Americans with Disabilities Act compliant sidewalk ramps and traffic pole foundations.
- Sorrento Road (State Road (S.R.) 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road (C.R.) 292A) – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures Monday, Feb. 28 through Friday, March 5, as crews place a watermain.
- North Ninth Avenue (S.R. 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement- All travel lanes are temporarily shifted to the southbound side of the bridge as crews construct the northbound portion. Additionally, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 28 through Friday, March 4, as crews mobilize materials and equipment.
- Airport Boulevard (S.R. 750) Maintenance from West of Palafox Street to Davis Highway – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. the week of Monday, Feb. 28 as crews perform concrete operations.
- U.S. 98 (Garden Street) City of Pensacola Grand Mardi Gras Parade – Drivers will encounter road closures between A Street and Tarragona Street from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 26 for the City of Pensacola Grand Mardi Gras Parade.
Santa Rosa County
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 27 through Saturday, March 6. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Major roadway construction activities are currently underway. Improvements include widening the roadway from four to a six-lanes with a raised median, safety, and drainage upgrades, resurfacing S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) from U.S. 98 to Garcon Point Bridge, extending the existing shared-use path on the south side of U.S. 98 from Gondolier Boulevard, and new signage and pavement markings.
- U.S. 90 Simpson River Bridge Project: Motorists can expect intermittent and alternating lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 28 through Friday, March 4 as crews install a barrier wall.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – The eastbound lane will remain reduced to one lane at the C.R. 191 Overpass Bridge (Exit 26) until work associated with bridge approach construction is complete. Motorists can also expect intermittent lane closures from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. the week of Monday, Feb. 28 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 90 (Caroline Street) Routine Utility Maintenance at Avalon Boulevard - Eastbound traffic may encounter turn lane closure at Avalon Boulevard intersection from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25 and Saturday, Feb. 26, as crews perform utility work.
- U.S. 90 (Caroline Street) Routine Utility Maintenance from Avalon Boulevard to the Race Way – Eastbound traffic may encounter intermittent lane restrictions from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25 through Monday, Feb. 28 as crews perform utility work.
- U.S. 90 Routine Utility Maintenance at East Milton Road Intersection – Westbound traffic can expect turn lane closure at East Milton Road intersection from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25 through Monday, Feb. 28, as crews perform utility work.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL
Improve Safety, Enhance Mobility, Inspire Innovation
NWFLRoads.com | @MyFDOT_NWFL | Facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL
The Florida Department of Transportation’s mission is to provide a safe transportation system that ensures the mobility of people and goods, enhances economic prosperity, and preserves the quality of the state’s environment and communities. The department is committed to building a transportation system that not only fits the current needs of Florida’s residents and visitors, but also enhances mobility throughout the state to accommodate its consistent and rapid growth. The unique nature of the Sunshine State and its year-round warm climate provides numerous opportunities to achieve the department’s mission through multiple transportation modes including highways/streets, air, rail, sea, spaceports, transit, and the ever-expanding deployment of bicycle & pedestrian facilities.