FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - 04/08/2022April 08, 2022
Florida Department of Transportation
605 Suwannee Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0450
JARED W. PERDUE, P.E.
For Immediate Release Contact: Tanya Branton April 8, 2022 firstname.lastname@example.org (888) 638-0250, ext. 1599
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 10 through Saturday, April 16. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Motorists traveling on West Cervantes Street between Dominguez and Shoemaker streets will encounter intermittent lane restrictions and temporary detours between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. starting Sunday, April 10 as crews begin paving work. Work will start between Dominquez and Shoemaker streets and progress eastward. At times, drivers may be temporarily detoured to side streets to accommodate the work. Operations are anticipated to take four weeks to complete.
- North Ninth Avenue (State Road (S.R.) 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement- All travel lanes are temporarily shifted to the southbound side of the bridge as crews construct the northbound portion. Additionally, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, April 11 through Friday, April 15, as crews mobilize materials and equipment.
- Sorrento Road (S.R. 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road 292A) – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures Monday, April 11 through Friday, April 15, as crews place a watermain.
- Airport Boulevard (S.R. 750) Routine Maintenance from West of Palafox Street to Davis Highway – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures from west of Palafox Street to Davis Highway from 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. the week of Monday, April 11 as crews place asphalt on the roadway.
- Barrancas Avenue (S.R. 292) from Manchester Street to the Bayou Chico Bridge –Sidewalks between Live Oak Avenue and Manchester Street will be closed as crews begin work on the sidewalk improvements. Detours will be in place for pedestrians.
- Interstate 10 (I-10) Pavement Markings at the Pensacola Weigh Station – Crews will perform striping operations at the westbound weigh station the week of Monday, April 11. During the operations the westbound station and adjacent truck parking area will be temporarily closed.
- I-10/I-110 Interchange – Construction activities to begin the week of Monday, April 11 to improve safety on a 3/4-mile segment of I-10 at the I-110 Interchange. Improvements include milling and resurfacing, applying anti-skid surface and audible edge lines to all ramps, installing raised rumble strip sets across the I-110 northbound to I-10 eastbound travel lanes and reducing the speed limit from 45 mph to 35 mph on the I-110 northbound ramp to I-10 westbound. In addition, crews will make improvements to the guardrail, signage, and pavement markings. Drivers can expect periodic lane closures between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights. The project is estimated for completion in fall 2022
- Pace Boulevard (S.R. 292) from Barrancas Avenue to Massachusetts Avenue - Construction activities to begin the week of Monday, April 11 to mill and resurface Barrancas Avenue (S.R. 292) from the Bayou Chico Bridge to Pace Boulevard, and Pace Boulevard (S.R. 292) from Barrancas Avenue to Massachusetts Avenue in Escambia County. The project will also include sidewalk and curb improvements to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), new signage and pavement markings, drainage enhancements, and traffic signalization upgrades. During construction, motorists and bicyclists can expect lane closures and traffic shifts. Lane closures will be limited to the 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. timeframe. Pedestrian detours will be in place while sidewalk improvements are underway. The project is estimated for completion in late 2022.
- U.S. 90 Turn Lane Construction at Pathstone Boulevard – Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, April 11 through Sunday, May 15 as crews perform paving operations.
- I-10 Eastbound Routine Bridge Maintenance over U.S. 29 Assess Road Overpass – Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures just east of U.S. 29, from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday, April 10 and Monday, April 11 for routine bridge maintenance.
- Creighton Road (S.R. 742) Routine Bridge Maintenance over I-110 (Overpass – Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures half a mile south of I-10, from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday, April 12 and Wednesday, April 13 for routine bridge maintenance
- Garden Street (U.S.98) Routine Underground Utility Maintenance West of South Coyle Street – Motorists will encounter intermittent outside eastbound lane closures from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Friday, April 15 as crews install a manhole.
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 10 through Saturday, April 16. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Beginning Sunday, April 10 westbound motorists will encounter intermittent lane and median closures between Autumn Breeze Circle and Bayshore Road between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. Sunday through Friday. The closures are necessary for crews to perform median work. One westbound lane will be always maintained.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures and lane closures from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. the week of Monday, April 11 as crews perform construction activities.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL