FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - 04/23/2021
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
|Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
|KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
· North Ninth Avenue (S.R. 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement – Motorists will encounter lane shifts to the northbound travel lanes of Carpenters Creek Bridge. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained as work begins to replace the southbound portion of the bridge. Traffic will remain in this temporary configuration until the late summer/early fall timeframe.
- U.S. 98 (State Road (S.R.) 30) Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - The intersection of North 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway will remain closed until spring 2021 as construction continues on the new 17th Avenue interchange. The Visitor's Center and adjacent boat launch remain accessible from 17th Avenue. Also, the ramp from 17th Avenue to East Gregory Street remains open. Eastbound drivers on Bayfront Parkway should use North 14th Avenue and Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) as a detour route.
- Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90A) from North Palafox Street to Chemstrand Road – Motorists will encounter intermittent nighttime lane closures the week of Monday, April 26 as crews perform paving operations.
Santa Rosa County:
- I-10 Bridge Repair and Rehabilitation over Perdido River Bridge – Motorists will encounter intermittent nighttime lane closures the week of Monday, April 19 as crews perform paving operations.
- North Davis Highway (S.R. 291) Utility Operations near Heritage Apartments- Traffic will encounter lane restrictions from 8 p.m. Monday, April 26 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, April 27 as crews perform utility operations.
- Bayou Boulevard (S.R. 296) Utility Operations – Motorists will encounter lane restrictions at 5098 Bayou Boulevard from 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 26 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, April 28 as crews install a new power pole.
- I-10 (S.R. 8) at SA Jones Road Utility Operations – Motorists will encounter lane restrictions on I-10 beginning at 12 a.m. Thursday, April 29 as crews install a new power pole.
- S.R. 292 (North Pace Boulevard) Underground Utility Operations - There will be intermittent lane restrictions while crews preform underground utility work at:
- Intersection of West La Rua Street and S.R. 292, 8 p.m. Monday, April 26 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, April 27.
- Intersection of West Belmont Street and S.R. 292, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday, April through Wednesday, April 28.
- Intersection of West Wright Street and S.R. 292, 8 p.m. Thursday, April 29 to 5 a.m. Friday, April 30.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL.
- Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – For the latest information visit FDOT.gov/PensacolaBay.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive- Early construction activities have begun to prepare for the widening and improvements of the 4.25-mile section. These activities include utility relocations, clearing, excavation, and drainage improvements. As part of the upgraded drainage system, the project includes the construction of five stormwater ponds. Clearing and excavating of areas for the stormwater ponds are currently underway. There are no traffic impacts associated with the construction of the ponds, but nearby residents and businesses may experience some noise. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained.