FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - 05-20-2022May 20, 2022
Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
JARED W. PERDUE, P.E.
For Immediate Release Contact: Kohen Johns Brannon May 20, 2022 Kohen.email@example.com (888) 638-0250, ext. 1661
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge Sunday, May 22 through Thursday, May 26 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. On Tuesday, May 24, U.S. 98 westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) will have lane closures beginning at 10 p.m. due to Bands on the Beach. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Motorists traveling on West Cervantes Street will encounter the following traffic impacts:
- Daytime single lane closures and lane shifts, between A Street and Dominguez Street, as crews perform median improvements, signalization installation, construct sidewalks, and make utility adjustments.
- The new traffic signals on Cervantes Street at the J Street, L Street, and R Street intersections are now activated.
- North Ninth Avenue (State Road (S.R.) 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement – All travel lanes are temporarily shifted to the southbound side of the bridge as crews construct the northbound portion. Additionally, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, May 23 through Friday, May 27, as crews mobilize materials and equipment.
- Sorrento Road (S.R. 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road 292A) – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures Monday, May 23 through Friday, May 27 for drainage operations.
- Pace Boulevard from Barrancas Avenue to Massachusetts Avenue – The sidewalks on the eastern side of Pace Boulevard, between Barrancas Avenue and Navy Boulevard, are closed as crews perform sidewalk and curb improvements. Pedestrians will be detoured to the signalized intersections to access the sidewalks on the western side of Pace Boulevard during this time.
- Barrancas Avenue (S.R. 292) from Manchester Street to the Bayou Chico Bridge –The sidewalks on the northern side of Barrancas Avenue, between Manchester Avenue and Pace Boulevard, will be closed for improvements. Detours will be in place for pedestrians in these areas.
- Pensacola Boulevard (U.S. 29) from Brent Lane to North of Interstate 10 (I-10) - Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures Sunday, May 22 through Thursday, May 26 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. for sidewalk and curb improvements.
- I-10 Routine Bridge Maintenance over Perdido River – Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures near the Alabama/Florida line, Monday, May 23 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. for concrete operations.
Santa Rosa County:
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge Sunday, May 22 through Thursday, May 26 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. On Tuesday, May 24, U.S. 98 westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) will have lane closures beginning at 10 p.m. due to Bands on the Beach. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Motorists will encounter the following traffic impacts:
- Temporary median and turn-lane closures from Bayshore Road to Tiger Point Drive.
- Intermittent lane closures and additional median closures between S.R. 281 and Bayshore Road, Sunday May 22 through Friday, May 27 from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for paving operations.
- Westbound travelers will encounter a new traffic configuration from east of Portside Drive to Redfish Point Road as lanes will be shifted slightly south to allow for widening activities on the outside lane.
- Settlers Colony Boulevard will be closed to complete necessary drainage improvements for the U.S. 98 widening project. This closure will remain in effect for approximately 30 days. Motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians will access Settlers Colony Boulevard via Venetian Way and Coronado Drive. Detour signs will be in place. Residents may experience noise, vibrations, and dust during daytime hours as part of this drainage improvement effort.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures and lane closures the week of Sunday, May 22 from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. for construction activities.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL