FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - 10/22/2021
|Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
|KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement - Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 24 through Saturday, Oct. 30. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- 17th Avenue Interchange construction – The opening of the new 17th Avenue interchange in Pensacola is currently estimated for Monday, Oct. 25. The new interchange will include a flyover connecting westbound traffic exiting the Pensacola Bay Bridge to East Gregory Street or Bayfront Parkway. Beneath the flyover, a new single-lane roundabout will replace the traffic signal formerly at 17th Avenue and provide seamless travel between the bridge, 17th Avenue north and southbound, East Gregory Street, and Bayfront Parkway.
- North Ninth Avenue (State Road (S.R.) 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement- All travel lanes are temporarily shifted to the northbound side of the bridge as crews replace the southbound portion of the structure. Additionally, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 25 through Friday, Oct. 29 to allow crews to mobilize materials and equipment.
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures between the following locations as crews perform median improvements and install poles for pedestrian traffic signals.
- D and N Streets (inside lane closures)
- P and Q Streets (inside lane closures)
- Y and Shoemaker Streets (inside lane closures)
- Q and N Streets (intermittent outside lane closure)
- Kirk and R Streets (intermittent outside lane closure)
- Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) Widening from Pine Forest Road (S.R. 297) to U.S. 29 – Drivers will encounter intermittent east and westbound traffic shifts between Pine Forest Road and U.S. 29 as crews place final asphalt and striping.
- Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) Widening from Beulah Road to Pine Forest Road (S.R. 297) – Drivers will encounter temporary intermittent shifts to allow crews to pave turn lanes, side streets, driveways, and the on- and off-ramps to I-10. Access to all businesses will be maintained, traffic flaggers and signage will be in place to direct traffic.
- Sorrento Road (S.R. 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road (C.R.) 292A) – Motorists can expect daytime shoulder closures the week of Monday, Oct. 25 as crews place a watermain.
Santa Rosa County
- U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) – Drivers can expect the following construction-related traffic impacts:
- Nighttime intermittent lane closures and shifts, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., on U.S. 29, between I-10 and Nine and Half Mile Road, and on Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 interchange.
- The U.S. 29 northbound on-ramp and U.S. 29 southbound off-ramp at the Nine Mile Road interchange may be reduced to a single lane during the nighttime hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Signage will be in place and traffic flaggers will be on-site to direct motorists.
- S.R. 291 (Davis Street) Routine Utility Maintenance at Chadwick Street Intersection – The outside eastbound lane will be closed at the Chadwick Street intersection from 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 28 to 4 a.m. Friday, Oct. 29 as crews upgrade electrical equipment.
- S.R. 296 (Bayou Boulevard) Routine Utility Maintenance near the Bank of America - The outside eastbound lane will be closed from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 30 as crews upgrade electrical equipment.
- U.S. 90 (West Cervantes Street) Routine Maintenance near North Pace Boulevard – The outside eastbound lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 as crews perform paving operations.
- Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Emergency Lane Closure at B Street - Motorists can expect lane closures Friday, Oct. 22, and Sunday, Oct 31 as crews perform emergency roadway operations.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL
Improve Safety, Enhance Mobility, Inspire Innovation
NWFLRoads.com | @MyFDOT_NWFL | Facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL
The Florida Department of Transportation’s mission is to provide a safe transportation system that ensures the mobility of people and goods, enhances economic prosperity, and preserves the quality of the state’s environment and communities. The department is committed to building a transportation system that not only fits the current needs of Florida’s residents and visitors, but also enhances mobility throughout the state to accommodate its consistent and rapid growth. The unique nature of the Sunshine State and its year-round warm climate provides numerous opportunities to achieve the department’s mission through multiple transportation modes including highways/streets, air, rail, sea, spaceports, transit, and the ever-expanding deployment of bicycle & pedestrian facilities.
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 24 through Saturday, Oct. 30. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure. Additional work will include the installation of pier lighting.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures on the Blackwater River Bridge from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 24 through Thursday, Oct. 28 as crews perform paving operations.