FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - 10/27/2021
|Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
|KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- State Road (S.R.) 296 (Bayou Boulevard) Routine Utility Maintenance near the Bank of America - The outside eastbound lane will be closed from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 30 as crews upgrade electrical equipment.
- Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Emergency Lane Closure at B Street - Motorists can expect lane closures Friday, Oct. 29, through Sunday, Oct 31 as crews perform emergency roadway operations.
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement - Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 31 through Saturday, Nov. 6. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure.
- North Ninth Avenue (State Road (S.R.) 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement- All travel lanes are temporarily shifted to the northbound side of the bridge as crews replace the southbound portion of the structure. Additionally, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 1 through Friday, Nov. 5 to allow crews to mobilize materials and equipment.
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures between the following locations as crews perform median improvements and install poles for pedestrian traffic signals.
- D and N Streets (inside lane closures)
- P and Q Streets (inside lane closures)
- Q and N Streets (intermittent outside lane closure)
- Kirk and R Streets (intermittent outside lane closure)
- Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) Widening from Beulah Road to Pine Forest Road (S.R. 297) – Drivers will encounter temporary intermittent shifts to allow crews to pave turn lanes, side streets, driveways, and the on- and off-ramps to I-10. Access to all businesses will be maintained, traffic flaggers and signage will be in place to direct traffic.
- Sorrento Road (S.R. 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road (C.R.) 292A) – Motorists can expect daytime shoulder closures the week of Monday, Nov. 1 as crews place a watermain.
Santa Rosa County
- U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) – Drivers can expect the following construction related traffic impacts:
- Nighttime intermittent lane closures and shifts from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., on U.S. 29, between I-10 and Nine and Half Mile Road, and on Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 interchange.
- The U.S. 29 northbound on-ramp and U.S. 29 southbound off-ramp at the Nine Mile Road interchange may be reduced to a single lane from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Signage will be in place and traffic flaggers will be on-site to direct motorists.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 31 through Saturday, Nov. 6. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure. Additional work will include the installation of pier lighting.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures on the Blackwater River Bridge from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 31 through Thursday, Nov. 4 as crews perform paving operations.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Major roadway construction activities are set to begin the week of Monday, Nov. 8. Improvements on the 4.25-mile section include widening the roadway from four to a six-lanes with a raised median; safety and drainage upgrades; resurfacing State Road 281 (Avalon Boulevard) from U.S. 98 to Garcon Point Bridge; extending the existing shared-use path on the south side of U.S. 98 from Gondolier Boulevard; and new signage and pavement markings.