FDOT - Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory - February 4, 2022February 04, 2022
Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.
For Immediate Release Contact: Tanya Branton February 4, 2022 email@example.com (888) 638-0250, ext. 1599
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Traffic Advisory
Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 6 through Saturday, Feb. 12. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure. In addition, Bayfront Parkway eastbound near the Pensacola Bay Bridge will be shifted onto the roundabout to access U.S. 98 during this time. The lane shifts will allow crews to place rip rap (shoreline protection) along Bayfront Parkway.
- West Cervantes Street (U.S. 90) Pedestrian Safety Improvement – Drivers will encounter the following temporary intermittent lane closures:
- Inside lane closures between Q and A streets as crews perform median improvements and install poles for pedestrian traffic signals.
- Outside lanes at various locations along West Cervantes for crews to construct Americans with Disabilities Act compliant sidewalk ramps and traffic pole foundations.
- U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road (U.S. 90) – Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures and shifts from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 6 through Friday, Feb. 11 between I-10 and Nine and Half Mile Road, and on Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 interchange to allow crews to place striping and perform worklist items.
- Sorrento Road (State Road (S.R.) 292) Intersection Improvements at Innerarity Point (County Road (C.R.) 292A) – Motorists can expect intermittent daytime shoulder closures Monday, Feb. 7 through Friday, Feb. 11, as crews place a watermain.
- North Ninth Avenue (S.R. 289) Carpenters Creek Bridge Replacement- The traffic shift has been rescheduled because of inclement weather conditions. The Ninth Avenue travel lanes over Carpenters Creek are now expected to be shifted to the southbound portion of the bridge no sooner than Thursday, Feb. 10. One lane in each direction will remain open. The traffic shift will allow crews to construct the northbound side of the bridge.
- Airport Boulevard (S.R. 750) Maintenance from West of Palafox Street to Davis Highway – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. the week of Monday, Feb. 7 as crews perform concrete operations.
Santa Rosa County
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 6 through Saturday, Feb. 12. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure. In addition, Bayfront Parkway eastbound near the Pensacola Bay Bridge will be shifted onto the roundabout to access U.S. 98 during this time. The lane shifts will allow crews to place rip rap (shoreline protection) along Bayfront Parkway.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Major roadway construction activities are currently underway. Improvements include widening the roadway from four to a six-lanes with a raised median, safety, and drainage upgrades, resurfacing S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) from U.S. 98 to Garcon Point Bridge, extending the existing shared-use path on the south side of U.S. 98 from Gondolier Boulevard, and new signage and pavement markings.
- U.S. 90 Simpson River Bridge Project: Motorists can expect intermittent and alternating lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 7 through Friday, Feb. 11 as crews perform paving operations for the temporary road widening.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – The eastbound lane will remain reduced to one lane at the County Road 191 Overpass Bridge (Exit 26) until work associated with bridge approach construction is complete. Motorists can also expect intermittent lane closures from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. the week of Monday, Feb. 7 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 90 Routine Utility Maintenance at Woodbine Road Intersection – Westbound Motorists will encounter turn lane closures at Woodbine Road from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb.7 through Friday, Feb. 11 as crews replace utility poles and overhead lines. The merge lane on Woodbine Road at U.S. 90 westbound to Pensacola will also be closed intermittently during nighttime hours as crews perform utility maintenance operations.
- U.S. 98 Routine Maintenance in Gulf Breeze - Motorists can expect lane restrictions starting outside the Pensacola Bay Bridge work zone to Bob Sikes Bridge the week of Monday, Feb. 7 as crews perform tree trimming operations.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL