Florida Dept of Health Provides Week 19 Updates on Florida's Vaccination Efforts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 23, 2021
Contact: Joint Information Center on COVID-19 for the State of Florida (850) 815-4940, ESF14@em.myflorida.com
Florida Department of Health Provides Week 19 Updates on Florida’s Vaccination Efforts Under Governor DeSantis’ Leadership
~State opens four additional state-supported vaccination sites to increase vaccine access~
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The Florida Department of Health issued an update on the progress of the state's vaccination efforts, as well as its weekly COVID-19 update. The State of Florida is in its nineteenth week of vaccine distribution and is continuing to increase vaccine access statewide.
The state will continue to issue updates regarding the use of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. The state remains prepared to continue all current state vaccination efforts.
Governor DeSantis’ administration is taking the necessary steps to ensure the vaccine gets administered as quickly as possible. This week, new actions to continue Florida’s proactive approach to vaccinations includes the following:
To provide Floridians with the latest information about vaccinations in the state, the Florida Department of Health has issued a COVID-19 vaccine report that is updated daily. This report includes information on the COVID-19 vaccine by county, race, sex and age. Find the COVID-19 vaccine report here.
As of today, at 7 a.m., 8,370,705 individuals have been vaccinated for COVID-19 in Florida; 3,630,749 million are seniors ages 65 and older.
State of Florida Vaccine Accomplishments To-Date:
Week 19 (Underway)
Last week’s accomplishments are available here.
- Four additional state-supported vaccination sites, designed to increase vaccine access and ensure health equity across Florida’s communities, are open in Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Appointments are not required. Locations and hours of operations are available below:
- Brentwood Park
18800 NW 28th Place, Miami Gardens, 33056
11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Daily
- Florida Memorial University
15800 NW 42nd Avenue, Miami Gardens, 33054
11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Saturday
- Ronselli Park Youth Center
250 SW 114th Avenue, Sweetwater, FL 33174
8:30 – 5 p.m., Monday – Saturday
- Vincent Torres Park
4331 NW 36th Street, Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319
8 a.m. – 1 p.m., Daily
- To date, more than 23,400 vaccines have been administered through the statewide homebound vaccination program. The state continues to encourage homebound individuals to sign up to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at their home by filling out the survey available here, emailing HomeboundVaccine@em.myflorida.com or by calling 866-779-6121.
- The state continues to canvass Florida’s communities with COVID-19 vaccine outreach teams that help answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, help individuals identify vaccination sites near them and pre-register individuals for vaccine appointments. To date, state outreach teams have knocked on more than 500,000 doors across the state.
- At the Governor’s direction, the Florida Division of Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health continue to identify places of worship and other locations in underserved communities where the COVID-19 vaccine may be administered. To date, more than 106,000 vaccines have been administered in partnership with places of worship. Find this week’s places of worship vaccine events here.
- Under Governor DeSantis' leadership, more than 1,900 vaccination sites have been opened statewide in partnership with local communities, pharmacies and hospitals. The Florida Department of Health continues to identify active vaccine sites. All vaccine sites in Florida are posted on the Florida Department of Health's website here.
About the Florida Department of Health
The Florida Department of Health, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please visit subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
|This email was sent to email@example.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Florida Division of Emergency Management · 2555 Shumard Oak Boulevard · Tallahassee, FL 32399-2100
Public Information Office
Florida Department of Health
Santa Rosa County
Florida Health: The first accredited public health system in the U.S.
Mission: To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.