Florida ESF 18 Update - Hurricane Sally - 09/15/2020September 15, 2020
Good Morning, ESF 18 Partners-
Attached is the latest report from the state meteorology team regarding Hurricane Sally. Areas of note are below.
***Please join ESF 18 for a brief coordination call today, September 15th, at 12:30pm (EST) during which a member of the state meteorology team will provide the latest forecast on Hurricane Sally. There will also be an opportunity on the call to discuss protective actions you are taking or unmet needs you may be experiencing.***
Conference Line: 888-585-9008
Participant Code: 488-097-156
- A significant, potentially historic rainfall even is forecast for the Florida Panhandle.
- Hurricane Warnings: Escambia and Santa Rosa.
- Tropical Storm Warnings: Okaloosa, south Walton, coastal Bay, and coastal Gulf.
- Wind gusts 70-85mph are possible in the western Panhandle later tonight and Wednesday morning.
- 10-15” of rainfall is expected in the Panhandle with localized totals of 20-30” possible.
We will continue to monitor this storm and provide updates as they become available. Looking forward to speaking with you all at 12:30pm (EST) today. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at ESF18@em.myflorida.com.
This update is provided to you by ESF 18: Business, Industry and Economic Stabilization