Hurricane Sally State Road Advisory – Number 11 - 09/20/2020
RON DESANTIS GOVERNOR
|Florida Department of Transportation
1074 Highway 90
Chipley, FL 32428
KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E. SECRETARY
Hurricane Sally State Road Advisory – Number 11
Chipley – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on state road and bridge closures and restrictions in Northwest Florida due to Hurricane Sally.
- The Pensacola Bay Bridge on U.S. 98 is closed to all traffic.
- State Road (S.R.) 99 from Mobile Highway to Nine Mile Road is closed due to trees/power lines on the road.
- Northbound State Road (S.R.) 99 at Beulah Church Road is closed due to flooding/erosion.
· S.R. 166 (Caverns Road) from Russell Road to S.R. 71 is closed due to flooding.
- The outside eastbound lane of U.S. 90 from east of the Chipola River Bridge to Old U.S. Road is closed due to shoulder erosion.
Santa Rosa County
Motorists are encouraged to monitor weather reports and road conditions and to be on the lookout for flooded roads. If the road ahead is flooded, turn around and find an alternate route. Flooded roads may hide the fact that the roadway is washed out underneath and as little as six inches of rushing water can force your car off the road.
For the latest closures and updates, travelers can access Florida’s 511 service from cell phones, landlines and online at www.FL511.com. For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.
- Garcon Point Bridge (S.R. 281) traffic restrictions have been lifted and is open to all traffic.
- The outside eastbound lane of U.S. 90 from the Escambia County Line to Bass Hole Cove Bridge is closed due to shoulder erosion.
- S.R. 89 is closed at the Alabama State line due to road damage in Alabama.