Fatherhood Program Coordinator
: Healthy Start Coalition of Santa Rosa County, Inc.
: Must be physically located in the service area Santa Rosa, have the ability to work remotely, and attend in-person and virtual meetings as required
: Independent Contracted Position - part-time (possible full-time depending on client recruitment)
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fatherhood Engagement program aims to enhance the health and well-being of children and families by supporting, encouraging, and promoting fathers’ roles in their children’s lives. The Fatherhood Program Coordinator is a clinical social work position responsible for providing direct services to support fathers’ involvement through case management, care coordination, fatherhood initiatives, and life course education. The position is responsible for delivering evidence-based father-focused parenting curriculum in one-on-one settings, recruiting father participants by engaging in community outreach activities and community education and making and maintaining partnerships with other community service organizations. Work may be performed in various settings, including the office and the
client's home. Travel around the four-county region may be needed to cover while another Coordinator is out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Assist with implementing the Fatherhood Engagement Plan
- Recruit fathers to participate in Fatherhood services
- Participate in outreach activities to identify fathers, inform the community of services, and build collaborative community relationships
- Collaborate with Healthy Start direct service providers and Connect representatives to facilitate enrollment of fathers into services
- Plan and conduct face-to-face visits with fathers using evidence-based curriculum activities, methods, and materials
- Support expecting or parenting fathers by facilitating educational, economic, employment, mental health, housing, and healthcare needs as required
- Connect fathers to needed resources and services in the community
- Maintain timely and accurate records of all visits, contacts, screenings, and resource linkages in the agency’s case management system
- Maintain participant confidentiality and integrity in keeping with agency policies, practices, professional standards, and program requirements
- Provide support related to father engagement and facilitate training related to father involvement, such as effective communication and relationship skills for Healthy Start direct service staff who provide services to the infant and the infant’s mother
- Complete, submit and maintain contract deliverables to Coalition Executive Director by the 20th of the following month for the preceding month.
- Contribute to the submission of grant proposals and opportunities for supplemental funding
- Stay current with literature relevant to maternal and child health, such as but not limited to racial disparities, infant mortality, prematurity, low birth weight, maternal infections, maternal stress, repeat teen births, smoking cessation during pregnancy, depression, optimal birth spacing, father inclusion, social determinants of health, SUIDS, substance use and exposure, trauma-informed care, protective factors, Life Course Perspective, and strategies for evidence-based interventions
- Present updates to Healthy Start Coalition Executive Director and Board when needed
- Be available for evening and weekend activities as needed to accommodate families’ schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
Debra L Shuler, B.S.
SUPERVISOR: CI&R, CONNECT & Outreach Coordinator
Healthy Start Coalition of SRC, Inc.
Milton, FL 32570
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, counseling, health education, public health, or a related field preferred.
- One year of experience in community outreach and working with families is required.
- Experience working with men in social/human services or fatherhood programming or experience in case management or counseling or providing direct services to fathers/families and knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Proficiency in computer applications; Detailed oriented, quick learner, self-motivated. Ability to prioritize work requirements, work with diverse populations, and work evenings and weekends required.
- Maternal and child health experience is desirable.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
- Must possess reliable transportation and a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside, a safe driving record, and the ability to pass organization screening requirements, including a drug test and state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Must provide and maintain proof of adequate car insurance.
Direct line: 850-626-2992
IG: healthystart src
Every baby deserves a healthy start!
Sunshine Law and Public Records Caution: 1) the Florida Government in the Sunshine Law prohibits discussion outside of a duly noticed meeting between any two or more Healthy Start Coalition of Santa Rosa County members regarding any matter that may come before the Board. This prohibition extends to discussions via email. 2) Furthermore, most e-mail communications made or received by the Healthy Start Coalition of Santa Rosa County members or staff is considered public records that must be retained and, upon request, made available to the public and media.