National Park Service Press Release: Gulf Islands National Seashore Hosts National Park Week Events
Gulf Islands National Seashore News Release
Release Date: April 14th, 2022
Contacts: Stephenie Wade,Stephenie_Wade@nps.gov, 850-393-7952
Gulf Islands National Seashore Hosts National Park Week Events
GULF BREEZE, Fla. -- Gulf Islands National Seashore is hosting a series of events in Mississippi and Florida in celebration of National Park Week.
National Park Week will kick off on Saturday, April 16th with the celebration continuing through Sunday, April 24th. Each day will feature different activities and experiences, all centered around this year’s theme “sPark Connections”. On the first day of National Park Week, April 16th, entrance fees are waived at Gulf Islands National Seashore and all national parks.
More details about each event including times, locations, and descriptions can be found on the park’s web calendar and social media pages. For more information about National Park Week visitwww.nps.gov/subjects/npscelebrates/national-park-week.htm
About Gulf Islands National Seashore: Created in 1971, the national seashore stretches 160 miles along the northern coast of the Gulf of Mexico in Florida and Mississippi, and includes barrier islands, maritime forests, historic forts, bayous, and marine habitat. Visit us at www.nps.gov/GulfIslands, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America’s 423 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov, and on Facebook,Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- April 16th - Virtual Photography Scavenger Hunt
- April 17th - Plein Air Painting Meetup at Davis Bayou & Naval Live Oaks
- April 20th - B.A.R.K. Ranger Program at Naval Live Oaks; Guided Photography Walk on the Florida Trail
- April 21st - Artifacts Show and Tell at Fort Pickens Visitor Center & Preservation Discussion at the William M. Colmer Visitor Center
- April 22nd - Campground Chat at Battery Worth & Guided Beach Walk at Johnson Beach
- April 23rd - Junior Ranger Day at Fort Pickens & Ship Island; Earth Day cleanups parkwide
- April 24th - Storytime with a Ranger in Davis Bayou Campground
- Picnic with a Park Ranger April 16th through April 22 locations vary