Santa Rosa County Emergency Management
Santa Rosa County
COVID-19 #15 - Fri., Mar. 27
Solicitation permits suspended
- Find a list of major retailers such as Walmart, Target, Publix and Winn Dixie as well as other businesses that are hiring here.
- Find daily updated information on operations at Santa Rosa County offices as well as information for constitutional officers, municipalities and other agencies here.
- View community event cancellations and postponements here.
- On Thurs., Mar. 26 the board of county commissioners voted to suspend issuing of new solicitation permits and suspend active/current solicitation permits. Solicitor means any person, including an employee or agent of another, traveling either by foot, motor vehicle or another means of conveyance from door-to-door, from house-to-house or otherwise along any of the streets within the county for purpose of: (1) Selling or taking orders for or offering to sell or take orders for goods, merchandise, wares, services or other items of value at that time or for future delivery or services to be performed in the future, for commercial purposes, whether or not such individual has, carries or exposes for sale a sample of the subject of such sale or attempted sale; or (2) Requesting contributions of funds, property or anything of value or the pledge of any type of future donation or selling or offering for sale any type of property.
Subscribe to AlertSantaRosa emergency text alerts
Navarre Beach Closure Reminder
- The AlertSantaRosa system provides critical information on incidents such as severe weather, evacuations, protective actions and more. You can subscribe to receive alerts on locations you choose, such as your home, business or child's school and have them sent to your home, business or cell phones, or by email or text.
Santa Rosa County Economic Development
- On Fri., Mar. 20, after observing large gatherings despite repeated recommendations from health officials at the federal, state and local level, Santa Rosa County came to the decision to close Santa Rosa County beaches from the berm to the water's edge on both the gulf and sound side to everyone (regardless of residence or guest status) and to close the island everyone except Navarre Beach residents, hotel/rental guests and workers.
- This closure includes all of Navarre Beach from the Santa Rosa County line to the east and Gulf Islands National Seashore border to the west on both the gulf and sound side of Navarre Beach. It also includes the pier.
- Workers must be able to substantiate their business on the island. Final determination will be made by deputies running the checkpoint on Gulf Blvd.
- The beach will be closed until further action by the board of county commissioners. There is no date set to lift this restriction at this time.
The following meetings will be held in the County Administrative Center boardroom, 6495 Caroline Street in Milton, unless otherwise indicated:
- SantaRosaReady.com is a clearinghouse for all business needs including information on how to apply for bridge loans.
- All business owners are encouraged to complete the surveys on SantaRosaReady.com and register with the SBDC.
- Marine Advisory, Tues., Apr. 7, 5 p.m.
- Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 9, 9 a.m.
- Aviation Advisory Committee, Wed., Apr. 15, 5 p.m.
- LOST Committee Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16, 9 a.m.
- Bagdad Architectural Advisory Board, Wed., Apr. 22, 8:30 a.m.
in the Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy. in Milton
- Parks and Recreation, Wed., Apr. 22, 5:30 p.m.
- Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 23, 9 a.m.
- 211 Northwest Florida, powered by United Way of West Florida, is a resource and referral service that provides one-stop referral information to help you when you need it most.
- 211 maintains up-to-date information on emergency food and shelter, services for families and senior citizens, health care, child care services for people with disabilities, counseling and mental health services, and more.
- To get connected, simply dial 211 from any phone. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Looking for ways to volunteer? Sign up with Volunteer Connect through Volunteer Florida. Volunteer Connect serves as an intermediary between Floridians who are interested in engaging in community service and 501(c)(3) organizations and governmental entities that mobilize volunteers.
Baptist Health Care
- Baptist will open a second COVID-19 screening center Fri., Mar. 27 in south Santa Rosa County to evaluate people with respiratory illness and COVID-19 symptoms. To better and more safely serve community members, this Baptist Medical Group location is set up to provide a controlled environment that applies the social distancing guidelines that are encouraged by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The center’s focus is to provide a more comprehensive treatment program by screening those who may have COVID-19 and treating people with Flu-A, Flu-B, pneumonia or other respiratory illnesses.
- All individuals with respiratory symptoms – such as cough, fever and shortness of breath – can call 850.434.4080 to determine if they need an appointment with the screening center. An appointment is required to visit this center. If they meet the criteria, an appointment will be scheduled for them. They will be given a phone number to call upon their arrival. Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles, and a BMG team member will greet them and escort them to the clinic.
- Limited entry points have been established, as well as updated visitor policies, at all Baptist Medical Parks Andrews Institute and Baptist Medical Group clinics. Signage will provide direction to the proper entrance, and each person entering the facility will be screened with questions and a temperature check in accordance with CDC guidelines. For more information: www.ebaptisthealthcare.org/Health/changes-in-visitation-policy.
Opening Doors Northwest Florida
- Opening Doors has created a COVID-19 resources page with information on shelters, food, services, transportation and financial assistance for individuals in need in both Santa Rosa and Escambia counties.
Supervisor of Elections
- Register to vote by mail in upcoming elections. Visit votesantarosa.com or call 850-983-1900.
Chambers of Commerce Join Community Partners to Host Medical Supply Drive to Assist Local Healthcare Providers
Chambers of commerce in Santa Rosa and Escambia counties, in conjunction with Senator Doug Broxson, Mayor Grover Robinson, Santa Rosa County Commission Board Chairman Don Salter and Escambia County Commission Board Chairman Steven Barry are hosting a medical supply drive on Fri., Apr. 3, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Individuals and businesses, such as construction companies, contractors, nail salons, non-essential medical offices, veterinarians, are asked. to donate any supplies not currently being utilized to assist the local healthcare community.
Providers have identified their greatest needs as follows:
· Respirator Masks N95 1860/1860s
· Standard Face/Surgical Masks (Loop or Tie-on)
· Flexible Mini-Tip Flocked Swab-Nasopharyngeal
· Full Length Face Shields
· Isolation Gowns
· Nitrile Medical Examination Gloves
Volunteers will be accepting donations via drive-by drop-off at:
- PenAir Federal Credit Union (1495 E. 9 Mile Rd., Pensacola)
- Blue Wahoos Stadium (351 W. Cedar St., Pensacola)
- Grover T's (5887 Highway 90, Milton)
- Navarre Chamber of Commerce (1804 Prado Str.)
For more information, contact the Pensacola Chamber’s Director of External Affairs Sara Lefevers at 850-356-8735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce President/CEO Donna Tucker at 850-623-2339 or email@example.com
Florida Department of Health
Visit our closures page for the latest information on county business operations.
See links to the following official sites below:
Other Agencies (Federal, State, Other)
# # #