COVID-19 Update #37 - Tues., May 5
Updates are highlighted. Subscribe to receive this update via email.
Updates are only sent when new information is available, not necessarily daily.
See our full list of information at www.santarosa.fl.gov/covid19.
Santa Rosa County
- Santa Rosa County are following Executive Order 20-111 and Executive Order 20-112, which extend Executive Orders 20-87 (vacation rental closures) until further notice and continue to permit the essential services and activities described in Executive Order 20-91. See the state's step-by-step plan here.
- Drive-through COVID testing sites are being set up throughout the county, no pre-screening required. Tests may include either nasal and oral swabs. Contact the Department of Health (850-564-2307) for the closest site.
- Thurs., May 7, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. - Navarre High, 8600 High School Blvd.
- Fri., May 8, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. - Tiger Point Park, 1370 Tiger Park Ln.
- Fri., May 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. - Milton Community Center, 5629 Byrom St.
- University of West Florida is open for residents of Escambia and Santa Rosa counties from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., seven days a week until May 14. Details here.
- The Santa Rosa County Library System will resume curbside holds pick up on Mon., May 18.
- Patrons may begin placing holds on Mon., May 11.
- Holds will be available for pick up Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. beginning Mon., May 18. Library staff will notify patrons when their holds are ready.
- Call 981-READ (7323) for further information.
- Navarre Beach is open from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. today and will open at 12:01 a.m. Wed. morning for full access 24/7 by residents and visitors.
- The Navarre Beach Marine Park parking lots close at sundown.
- Navarre Beach Pier is open from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. today and will open for regular summer hours tomorrow (Wed.), 5 a.m - 11 p.m. Normal pier admission procedures are in place; daily and annual passes may be purchased.
- Law enforcement will maintain a presence on the island to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
Tomorrow, Wed., May 6, GINS will reopen access to:
Gulf Islands National Seashore will implement its annual effort to protect nesting shorebirds by lowering speed limits to 25 mph on Hwy. 399, installing radar speed signs and speed humps, and increasing speed limit enforcement patrols.
- The Santa Rosa area, including Hwy. 399
- Parking lots 34B, 34C, and 34D within the Opal Beach Complex
- Parking lots 33A and 36A along the gulfside of Hwy. 399 will remain closed through the summer due to shorebird nesting.
- All restrooms will remain closed.
First Judicial Circuit
All grand jury proceedings, jury selection proceedings, and criminal and civil jury trials are suspended through Thursday, July 2, 2020, by order of the Supreme Court of Florida.
City of Milton
The City of Milton has established the micro-grant program that provides a one-time emergency assistance grant. The grant is targeted to those that will not be allowed to re-open during Phase 1, specifically, bars, gyms and personal service providers and provides up to 50 $1,000 grants to for-profit business entities, self-employed and independent contractors. Criteria:
- The business or service location must be within the city limits of Milton. Residency not required.
- A storefront is not required. Home-based businesses are eligible Mobile businesses are eligible, but owner must be a Milton resident.
- Businesses must have less than 10 employees.
- Mandatory shut down or substantial change in operations is required. Voluntary shut down is ineligible.
- If self-employed/independent contractor, must demonstrate minimum 51% of income for previous 12 months was derived from self-employment activity.
- Proof of or acquisition of a city business license.
- Detail of financial impact of the COVID-19.
- Estimated revenue lost from March 1 - May 31, 2020.
- Recipients of any other local, state or federal emergency funding are ineligible.
- Any business that remained open for the complete emergency time period without a substantial change in operations is ineligible.
All applications will be received via an on-line form available at www.miltonfl.org
. A sample application is on the website to allow potential applicants to prepare to submit.
For more information, contact the economic development office, (850) 983-5400 or email Edward Spears, economic development director, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #