Supply chain woes? Sourcing experts share their tipsApril 01, 2022
Apply for a Dream Big Award! Applications for our annual award program for small businesses are open now through July 8.Learn more about award categories, prizes (including a $25,000 prize for Small Business of the Year) and eligibility requirements here.
Resources & Tips
Searching for cost-effective ways to enhance your business? There are several free tools available that can improve skill sets within your company. Take advantage of these resources that can be leveraged year-round.
Business owners are no strangers to pandemic-induced supply chain issues. That’s why brands and retailers are looking to find new ways to prepare for future disruptions. Check out what experts have to say about slaying supply chain woes.
Now is the perfect time to re-evaluate what you may and may not need for your business. Give your finances some breathing room by identifying waste and reducing spending with these tips.
“A slow build is so much better. There’s no shame in building your brand in 10 years versus two years.”
— Sharon Chuter, founder, CEO and creative director of UOMA Beauty, emphasizes the importance of taking your time and trusting the process when building your own business.
Discover how 45,000 CEOs are growing their businesses. Connect with verified companies on a secure private network to find new clients, raise money and find reliable solutions for any business priority.
BUSINESS BY THE NUMBERS
That’s the number of minutes a focus group meeting typically lasts. See how assembling a focus group can help your business gather valuable feedback and insights.
That’s the percentage of small businesses that saw an increase in revenue thanks to digital tools, according to Deloitte. Reach your sales goals by adopting these skills and characteristics of successful salespeople.
That’s the amount of revenue meal kits are expected to hit by 2026, according to a Statista report. Discover how staying on top of trends has helped these food startups evolve and make the most of the post-pandemic landscape.
Join us for Start. Run. Grow: Weathering Financial Uncertainty!
Tune in on April 7 at 12 pm ET for a free hour-long program designed specifically for small business owners. You’ll hear how your peers are handling today’s toughest financial challenges — including issues like supply chain and inflation — and get expert advice on how to navigate these challenges and take steps to grow your business during times of financial uncertainty.
DREAM BIG AWARDS
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN NOW THROUGH JULY 8.
It’s time to Dream Big! Our annual award program for small businesses is back! Do you own a small business that exemplifies innovation, entrepreneurship and individual initiative? Then apply today for up to two Business Achievement Awards. Every business entered will be considered for the 2022 Small Business of the Year Award and a $25,000 cash prize! Learn more about award categories and eligibility requirements here.
GRANTS & AWARDS
- Hidden Star, a 501(c)(3), wants to help minority and women entrepreneurs succeed in any business endeavor. To provide support to these groups, the Galaxy Grant offers $2,750 to selected winners simply by filling out a short form on their website. Referring a friend doubles your chance of winning! Winners will be announced via email on March 31.
- Yotpo’s Grow brand incubator program is designed to help the growth of small businesses from under-represented communities. At the end of March, Yotpo will select 10 Black-owned brands to join the accelerator program, giving them access to events, workshops and a dedicated customer success manager. Applications close on March 31.
- In partnership with American Express, the National Trust for Historic Preservation will once again provide the Backing Historic Small Restaurants Grant Program. Small restaurants that have been in business for over 25 years are eligible, and the focus will be on restaurants located in historic buildings or communities. Community members are encouraged to nominate their favorite restaurants that fit these requirements. Applications are open until April 4.
- The Department of Labor's HireVets Medallion Program is the only federally funded award of its kind, which awards qualifying businesses for their commitment to veteran employment with a certificate and digital images of the medallion to use on their websites. Recipients will be added to a database of 1,400 businesses that have also been recognized. To be eligible, businesses must meet specific qualifications listed on the HireVets website. Applications close on April 30.
- Financing company Nav offers quarterly grant competitions with a grand prize of $10,000. This quarter’s round of applications is now open until the end of April. To enter, business owners must sign up to be Nav members (which is free) and then use social media accounts to promote their personalized voting links. The business with the most customer votes will win the grand prize. To enter, visit the grant page.
- More grant & program information can be found here.