Veterans Day Events in the Area
Chick-fil-A Gulf Breeze is offering all Veterans and active duty personnel a free Chick-fil-A Original Sandwich as we celebrate Veterans Day! Offer valid from 10:30am to 8pm on Veterans Day Wednesday November 11, 2020. We look forward to serving you and to thank you for your service to our country. Chick-fil-A Gulf Breeze only. One offer per Person.
November is National Military Family Month, and Troy University is honoring their commitment and dedication by waiving application fees all month for service families. The offer is valid for all military members, veterans and their families. To learn more, call 850-458-4729 or visit https://www.troy.edu/military-veterans/
Gulf Islands National Seashore: Fort Pickens, Perdido Key, Fort Barrancas and Okaloosa Areas areas will offer fee free entry on Sunday in honor of Veterans Day. National parks throughout the country annually waive entrance fees on Veterans Day.
Free entry into Florida State Parks: The Florida Department of Environmental Protection has announced that Florida State Parks will offer free admission for all families and visitors Sunday in recognition of Veterans Day. In the Pensacola area, this includes Big Lagoon State Park, Perdido Key State Park and Tarkiln Bayou Preserve State Park.
County Office Closures
The following Santa Rosa County offices will be closed Wed., Nov. 11 in observance of Labor Day:
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners, libraries and animal shelter
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector
- 9-1-1 dispatch, ambulance service and fire departments are open daily.
- Central Landfill will be open regular hours.
Things to Do
Take a (virtual) hike! Tour national monuments, museums and battlefields online.
- Gettysburg National Battlefield
- National Mall
- National Museum of the United States Air Force
- National Museum of the US Navy
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum
- The Alamo
- Veterans and War Memorials
- Virtual Tour of Washington D.C.
Hit the books! Learning about past wars, strategy, and the history of our armed forces helps you appreciate the experiences of our military.