What is the Firefighter's Challenge? It's a fit and fun way to celebrate Autism Awareness month and support Emerald Coast Exceptional Families! This year, there are two options:
- Virtual Run, Ride, or Roll, 4/1-4/30
- Firefighter's Fitness Challenge, 5/1
Anyone can participate in the Virtual Run, Ride or Roll! It is a virtual race that can be ran at any location. You and your family can run, walk, jog, bike, swim, or use the treadmill! Whatever you decide to do, you do your race at your PACE. Each participant will receive a medal and race bib. Kids 2-15 who participate in their race will receive an entry into our super fun giveaway! The Virtual Run, Ride, or Roll will be held throughout the month of April, which is also Autism Awareness Month!
Participants in the local area can also sign up to participate in the Firefighters's Fitness Challenge on May 1st. You'll throw on the firefighter gear and race through an obstacle course based on exercises that firefighters do to train. Participants of both the Virtual Run, Ride, or Roll AND the Firefighter's Fitness Challenge get a $10 discount and will receive their medal and a custom surfboard pin.
Thank you for supporting ECEF! Your participation helps us continue our mission to connect and support special needs families and enhance their lives through events and education.
Did you know …
* Autism now affects 1 in 45 children and 1 in 42 boys
* Autism prevalence figures are growing
* Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
* Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
* Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism