Our featured member of the month:
We Love Our Military
Veterans Service Center
Santa Rosa County's Veterans Services office (850-981-7155) assists veterans and their families for benefits they may be entitled to including:
- Initial claims for benefits (disability and pension)
- Increases in service connected disability benefits
- Death benefits
- Education benefits
- VA Guaranteed Home Loan application
- Life insurance information
- Property tax information for service connected disabled veterans
A series of podcasts with Lt. Gen. James C. “Jim” Slife, commander of Air Force Special Operations Command, that is focused on diversity and inclusion.
WARNING: there is content in here which may be upsetting to some.
Volunteer and Giving
1 - Volunteer! Lend a helping hand.
- Disabled American Veterans
- Soldiers' Angels
- Veterans Moving Forward
- Volunteer Transportation Network
- Warrior Rising - Veteran Volunteer Program
3 - Give them a break. Business owners can offer a special service to veterans - a free cup of coffee or dessert, an additional discount, a complimentary upgrade or a free consultation.
4 - Santa Rosa County Animal Services offers veterans a special deal year round! Operation Furever Freedom is a program designed to provide veterans, active-duty military, reservists and National Guardsmen with up to two pets, all fees waived. Military dependents are eligible for reduced rates. An active ID or DD 214 card must be provided. Call 850-983-4680 for more information.